Skip to main content

Breakfast with God

sometimes when I read My Bible in the morning I like to take what I read and transform it or think of it In a way that seems to fit in my everyday life.  This morning I was reading from Psalm 66 verses 8 through 12 “He trained us first, passed us like silver through refining fires, he brought us into Hardscrabble country, he pushed us to our very limit, Road tested as inside it out, he took us to hell and back and finally brought us to this well-watered place.
I have never refined any metal so I'm not very sure what that experience is like. I can only imagine it.
I was making my breakfast as I do every morning.  Scrambled eggs  and tea.  as I Aimlessly stirred the eggs my mind started to wander.  I begin to think about this morning's reading.
What if God is the Cook and we are the eggs?   We, the eggs are all nice and cozy in a hard but delicate  shells. We, the eggs living a life Always separated from others in our Shell.  As I thought about eggs,   I realized that they spend most of their time lined up in the egg crate all in a row but never touching one another!  Maybe
God thinks that is not good for the eggs or for us.
God the cook,Takes  each of us, the eggs and breaks our hard but delicate shell.  God cracks our shell and he tosses us, the eggs,  into a bowl and precedes to Stir  things up and  mixes us with all the other eggs.  Then God throws us the eggs into a hot pan!  The eggs Become  a hot mess. As the eggs begin to warm something happens they begin to take on a shape.The eggs  begin to have  form a More substantial texture.    The eggs are no longer a slimey hot mess. suddenly the eggs are breakfast.  A breakfast that can nourish others, The eggs, Are now a source of life.
We never want to go into the hot pan, maybe we don't want our shells broken and our slimy  Interiors exposed to others.   God knows what he's doing he knows how to take  someone break them up, Stir them up, Heat them up and turn them into someone  Who can be a source of life and nourishment in  God's world.  it's never easy but it's always worth it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Understanding depression and chronic illness

A question was posted by a woman to the diabetic support group that I belong to.  This woman asked the group if her diabetes could be causing or contributing to her depression. Yes, yes and yes!    There is a relationship between depression and illness, especially long term or chronic illness.  Illness can be an underlying cause of depression and other and psychological or emotional issues.  Chronic states of disease can contribute to stress, anxiety, anger, depression, and more.  These conditions may be short term or may become chronic just like the illness.  Another way to think if this is, whenever our bodies are unhealthy our minds may suffer.  Short term illnesses will normally have short term mental responses for instance, if you suffer from a cold or the flu that lasts two weeks or even more, we might find that we feel sad because we cannot function in our normal manner.  We have to stay home from work or school and we may miss the daily activities that we enjoy.  In essen

Hounds, Birds and Squirrels, The battle rages on Day two

Round two of the grey squirrel battle begins.  It is the early morning. I spot a squirrel slowly coming out of the oak tree, and   I watch from my window as this ring leader hits the ground. He heads straight for the deck.  His tail is twitching erratically. I am convinced that the ring leader, the one who I named Boris, is sending out an all-clear signal to the infantry.  Suddenly I see them. The brave first squirrel, who was running point position, is followed by two others. I watch from my window as the tree rats survey the situation. Satisfied that the dogs are sleeping unaware of the pending assault, the tree rats begin their ascent to the feeder. Watching from the window now with a cup of coffee firmly in my hand, I call for the reinforcements.   " Come quickly, "I yell to my husband. My hero appears at my side with our son's 35-year-old Red Rider BB rifle in hand.  Pump, pump my husband loads, opens the door aims, and fires. Uninjured but shaken the squirrels, retr

Hounds, Birds, and Squirrels The Battle Begins

Recently I had a deck added to my home.  Now  I  spend time outside enjoying our beautiful North Carolina weather.  I have hung several bird feeders along the perimeter of the deck.  Also, I placed the feeders so that I can watch the birds from my bedroom window. This also enables me to observe the birds if I am at my computer writing. I have spotted redheaded woodpeckers, purple finches, chickadees, brown Carolina wrens, and bright red cardinals, and many more species.  I love discovering all of the various birds that inhabit my area. I  listen to their songs. I sit and watch the antics of my feathered friends.  Either from the deck or through my window. Unfortunately, my bird watching bliss has been interrupted recently by the appearance of a gang of squirrels. I had found a seed mix that was the perfect offering, and that would attract the widest variety of birds. But, to my dismay, the seed mix for the bird turns out to be a favorite meal of an annoying gang of squirrels. In the p